This is me

My photo
I have loved craft for as long as I can remember! Dabbled in lots of things... Embroidery, sewing, cross stitch, quilting, mixed media journaling, zentangling and my love of all is scrapping! Creating art with Paper is such a buzz!! for me!

Wednesday 25 October 2017

Our FAMILY Halloween


 CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS CHALLENGE
FOR OCTOBER
IS A LITTLE BIT   ssppoookkkyyyyy
 
We here in Australia don't as a whole celebrate Halloween although it is becoming more and more common as each year goes on!
 
My niece Kystal decided to host out Family Get together in October a couple of years ago and she decided to throw a Halloween Party. As you can see we all got into the mood dressing up and all the trimmings including dry ice set up a fantastic ambiance!!!
 
My sister Gill, Bron and I tried our best to look suitably spooky!
 
My page is mostly blacks and white with a little touch of tan! I think this this fits into the brief of
 Simply be inspired by 1 element from the picture below and the twist is to make your project black and white.  I will let a very teeny tiny bit of color slip on by!  
 
Thanks for the Challenge CM it was way out of my comfort zone BUT had lots of fun creating it



Adding little fussy cut birdies painting them with BLACK and glossy accents! 

 Inking laces and hessian BLACK! 


9 comments:

  1. I totally love the spider! such a creepy freaky cool page! Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if anyone noticed that I deleted my first entry! I had made a BIG mistake and did not include the chippy! WOW how could I forget! I think you might agree the filigree flat black pieces add that special touch!!!

      Delete
    2. your so funny! It is not needed to use CE product, anyone is welcome to join! Thank you again for the fabulous entry!!!

      Delete
  2. Ewwww to the spider (LOL!)...but so cool! So nice that you do a family Halloween! Thanks for joining us at CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if anyone noticed that I deleted my first entry! I had made a BIG mistake and did not include the chippy! WOW how could I forget! I think you might agree the filigree flat black pieces add that special touch!!!

      Delete
  3. Not sure if anyone noticed that I deleted my first entry! I had made a BIG mistake and did not include the chippy! WOW how could I forget! I think you might agree the filigree flat black pieces add that special touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen-I hadn't noticed, was too busy saying ewwwww to the spider LOL...Looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I am enjoying seeing the lace and black flowers, cool spider too. Thanks for joining our Creative Embellishments challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! Love the subtle use of timepieces and layering! Wonderful textures and accents too! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments October Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Little boxes!

I was gifted with a gorgeous little box like these and when I had a few birthdays coming up I decided to give it a go!  WOW a...